Finnish Defence Forces’ main exercise Kaakko 19 marching detachments visible in traffic
The Finnish Defence Forces’ main exercise Kaakko 19 will be organised in the region of Southeast Finland from 27 November to 4 December 2019. The exercise troops’ motor marches will contribute to a larger amount of traffic than usual and may thus affect other traffic.
The motorised marching detachments’ march speed will be maximum 80km/h from Monday 25 November to Saturday 30 November 2019 while on the move as follows:
- On 25.11. From Riihimäki to Vekaranjärvi via route KT54 - VT12 - VT15 - Road 3691.
- On 26.11. From Parola to Lievestuore via route VT10 - KT53 - VT24 - E63, from Niinisalo - to Mikkeli via VT23 - VT13, and from Säkylä to Mikkeli via Road 212 - VT12 - E63 - VT13.
- On 27.11. From Lappeenranta to Vekaranjärvi via route VT6 - VT15 - Road 3691, from Parola to Vekaranjärvi via VT3 - VT10 - VT12 - VT15 -3691, from Parola to Hamina via E12 - KT25 - Road 55 - E18 - Road 371, and from Niinisalo to Kouvola via KT44 - VT2 - KT54 - 295 - 164 - 172 - 174 - VT6.
- On 28.11. From Parola to Utti via VT10 - VT12 - VT6.
- On 29.11. From Lahti to Utti via VT12 - VT6.
- On 30.11. From Porvoo to Kotka via route VT7 - KT170 - Road 3573, and from Porlammi to Kotka via Road 1732 - 174- VT6 - Road 354 - 357.
Incorporating up to around 12,000 persons at a time, the training exercise will include altogether 6,200 conscripts, 3,200 reservists and 2,600 service personnel partaking from the Finnish Defence Forces and from the Finnish Border Guard. The exercise will also involve a total of circa 2,200 vehicles.